Beaconsfield Library promotes the love of reading and the pursuit of knowledge, in a culturally diverse and friendly atmosphere. The Beaconsfield Public Library is subsidized by the Ministère de la Culture et des Communications.
303 Beaconsfield Boulevard
Beaconsfield, QC H9W 4A7
Phone: 514 428-4460
|Monday||1 p.m. - 9 p.m.|
|Tuesday to Friday||10 a.m. - 9 p.m.|
|Saturday||10 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Sunday||1 p.m. - 5 p.m.|
Online resources at your fingertips!
MEMBERSHIP AND LOAN POLICY
Free to all Beaconsfield and Kirkland* residents.
Proof of residency required.
Fees for non-residents :
• Adults: $100 / year
• Seniors: $50 / year
• Students (18-25 years) : $50 / year
Family: $150 / year
Student card for Summer programmes (available for children only): $25 per child; $50 for more than 1 child per family.
Children 12 years of age or younger must be registered by a parent. The parent's proof of residency will be required. Children must obtain a valid library card to register for any Young People's programmes. At registration the parent may also authorize Internet access for their child by signing the Internet authorization form.
Adolescents between 13 and 18 years of age may register themselves. Proof of residency required. Adolescents who wish to use the Library's Internet stations must ask a parent to sign the Internet authorization form at the Library.
1. Parents or legal guardians are responsible for their children and assume full responsibility in the choice and care of material borrowed from the library by their children.
2. You should not lend your card or any library materials you borrow, as you are responsible for all items on your card.
3. Lost or stolen cards, changes of address and/or telephone numbers should be reported promptly to the circulation department.
4. Membership information will be updated on a yearly basis. Proof of residence must be shown.
Borrowing privileges are unlimited with the following restrictions:
• 10 Talking books (CDs)
• 10 CDs (with adult card only)
• 10 DVDs (with adult card only)
Library privileges will be suspended when a member's outstanding debt reaches $10 or when a lost document remains unpaid.
Most materials: 3 weeks
DVDs: 1 week
Books with many requests: 2 weeks
On site iPads loans: 60 minutes; loan extended (30) up to 120 minutes per day.
$0.25 adults / day / item
$0.10 children / day / item
$0.50 : CD, BCD / day / item
$1 DVD / day / item
$2 Interlibrary Loan / day / item
• Online www.beaconsfieldbiblio.ca . To access your account, you will need your library card number (14 digits) as well as your PIN (4 digits).
• In person, with or without the items
• by telephone 514 428-4460. Always have your membership card on hand when renewing. Renewals are not accepted by answering machine.
• Any item can be renewed twice if there is no request.
A $5 replacement fee will be charged for a lost or stolen card. A replacement card makes the previous card unusable.
Before a replacement card will be issued, identification must be shown and all outstanding fines paid.
Literary Mondays as of September 2016
The Beaconsfield Library was established by volunteers in January 1951 as the Beaurepaire Children’s Library. Our first home was a broom closet in the basement of a school and the fledgling library knew many homes, including a room in Christmas Park Chalet and the Town’s pump house. A French children’s collection was added in 1961, followed soon after by a French adult section.
In 1968 the library moved to its present location at 303 Beaconsfield Boulevard, under the financial responsibility of City Council, and a professional librarian was hired. Nevertheless, volunteers continued to play a very active role. The building was enlarged to its present size in 1985.
Since then, professional staff has increased library services and the collection has grown to 80,000 items.