Certain indoor and outdoor projects require a permit issued by the Town Planning and Permits Division of the Urban Planning and Municipal Patrol Department. We therefore strongly recommend that you contact this department before undertaking a project. For example, a permit is required for the installation of a fence, porch, heat pump, tool shed or pool.