Urban Planning

Access to the water ramp at the corner of Lakeview and Lakeshore. 
For non-motorized watercraft requiring a trailer only        
A permit is required to pass through the gate to access the boat launch.
Cost of permit: $100 for the current year
Key: $100 deposit required

Documents required:
To obtain an annual access permit, you must provide the following documents:

  • Photo and registration certificate of the boat
  • Proof of residence (e.g. driver's licence, Hydro-Québec or telecommunication company bill)
  • Quebec driving licence

You must present yourself in person at the permit counter in City Hall, 303 Beaconsfield Blvd. Beaconsfield during opening hours, Monday to Thursday, 8 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 4:45 p.m., and Friday, 8 a.m. to noon.

Methods of payment accepted:

  • Cash
  • Debit or credit card (MasterCard, Visa)

For more information, write to permis@beaconsfield.ca

Light watercraft allowed free of charge:
  • Kayak
  • Canoe
  • Windsurf board
  • Paddleboard

In the Municipal By-Laws section, folder consult the regulations pertaining to Urban Planning .


  • A permit is required for each road vehicle carrying out landscaping works within the territory of the City of Beaconsfield. A road vehicle is defined as a vehicle used for landscaping purposes that pulls (or not) a trailer and its contents.

    To obtain this permit, you must file a written request with the Urban Planning and Municipal Patrol Department. You must fill out a request containing the following information and documents:

    • The surname, given name, address, telephone number and email address of the owner of any road vehicle to be used by a landscape contractor in the territory of the City
    • The trade mark, model, year and copy of the registration certificate of any road vehicle to be used by the landscape contractor in the territory of the City
    • Proof of insurance for each road vehicle
    • If necessary, a copy of the declaration of registration of the landscape contractor, in the register of sole proprietorships, partnerships and legal persons
    • If the landscape contractor is a legal person, the address of its head office and a copy of the incorporation documents of the said legal person
    • Proof of public liability insurance
    • The payment of $50 in cash or by certified cheque for each road vehicle to be used by the landscape contractor on the territory of the City. For 2015, no payment will be charged.
    • Stickers must be affixed on the upper left corner of the rear window of the road vehicle concerned and must be visible from the street. For 2015, no stickers will be issued.

    Please refer to By-Law BEAC-093 Pertaining to Landscaping Contractors

    Should we notice contravention to this by-law, statement of offence will be issued immediately. Any infraction is liable to a maximum fine of $4,000. 

    Download Identification Form (PDF)

    Instruction Summary (PDF)

advisory commitee people meetingThe Planning Advisory Committee's mandate is to study and submit recommendations to the municipal Council on any questions regarding planning, zoning, as well as opinions on any comprehensive development program, on any plans concerning site planning, integration and architecture of constructions or the development of the land and related work and on any request for a minor exemption.

Online PermitrableTree Policy

Consult the documents about tree planting and felling regulations. See By-Laws section

PROTECTING OUR TREES Click here to download our Tree Policy
It is prohibited to fell any tree located on private property within the territory of the Beaconsfield without having first obtained a permit for this purpose.

A certificate of authorization can be issued in the following circumstances:

  1. the tree is dead or has an irreversible disease;
  2. the tree is dangerous to the health or safety of citizens;
  3. the tree or the roots cause noticeable damage to the property;
  4. the tree impedes new construction or landscaping authorized under the zoning by-law;
  5. the tree impedes the growth of other surrounding trees as part of a grove;
  6. the tree must be felled to allow execution of municipal works.

In all cases, the applicant must justify the request. If the tree is not more than 10 cm (4 in.) in diameter measured at a height of 1.5 m (5 ft.) from the ground, an authorization is not required.

The owner, not the City of Beaconsfield, is responsible for collection of the branches and trunk of a felled tree.

Every tree that is felled must be replaced on the property on the condition that there is sufficient space to plant the tree.

Every tree located on a private landsite for which a building permit has been issued and the felling of which has not been authorized, must have its trunk protected with boards to a minimum height of 2 metres placed at the location determined as the protection perimeter and left in place for the duration of the work (construction, renovation, landscaping, in-ground pool).

Click here to consult list of tree species (PDF available in French only)