In the Municipal By-Laws section, folder consult the regulations pertaining to Urban Planning .


  • A permit is required for each road vehicle carrying out landscaping works within the territory of the City of Beaconsfield. A road vehicle is defined as a vehicle used for landscaping purposes that pulls (or not) a trailer and its contents.

    To obtain this permit, you must file a written request with the Urban Planning and Municipal Patrol Department. You must fill out a request containing the following information and documents:

    • The surname, given name, address, telephone number and email address of the owner of any road vehicle to be used by a landscape contractor in the territory of the City
    • The trade mark, model, year and copy of the registration certificate of any road vehicle to be used by the landscape contractor in the territory of the City
    • Proof of insurance for each road vehicle
    • If necessary, a copy of the declaration of registration of the landscape contractor, in the register of sole proprietorships, partnerships and legal persons
    • If the landscape contractor is a legal person, the address of its head office and a copy of the incorporation documents of the said legal person
    • Proof of public liability insurance
    • The payment of $50 in cash or by certified cheque for each road vehicle to be used by the landscape contractor on the territory of the City. For 2015, no payment will be charged.
    • Stickers must be affixed on the upper left corner of the rear window of the road vehicle concerned and must be visible from the street. For 2015, no stickers will be issued.

    Please refer to By-Law BEAC-093 Pertaining to Landscaping Contractors

    Should we notice contravention to this by-law, statement of offence will be issued immediately. Any infraction is liable to a maximum fine of $4,000. 

    Download Identification Form (PDF)

    Instruction Summary (PDF)